Monday, May 6, 2013

Does no one know how to say thank you anymore?  I don't mean person to person but business-wise.  Used to be that the employees were trained to say thank you for shopping there. Now they wait till they hand you your reciept so you can say thank you and they can say you're welcome.  Well, that's not good enough!! They hand me my reciept and I respond with "you're welcome". I don't say thank you for handing me proof I spent money in your store, it's not my job on the line.  I pay you to work there. Without people to spend money in the store, you don't have a job because it will close. 

We work hard for our money, we spend it where we feel welcomed and lately I spend it in Sudbury except for when I need a quick run then I do Espanola stores.  Winkles (YIG) even asks me if I found everything I was looking for.. reads as, Did you spend all you can because we can help you spend more.  *rolls eyes*  They make sure you spent all you can but they don't bother with thank you for shopping here.

Corner stores have better costomer manners than Winkles employees.  Seems to me, no one cares as long as you leave your money in their pockets nowadays. Have manners gone the way of the horse and buggy, seldom seen but an exciting treat?

Winkles is not the only store in town that forgets to thank it's customers but it is the  main one.

So use your manners and say thank you to people who spend their hard earned cash in your place of business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment